We Install Sod for Properties in & Around Arlington, Falls Church, & Annandale, VA
Transform your lawn from brown soil to bright green grass with our sod installation service.
There are several reasons why you might have to start from scratch with your lawn. Maybe you just recently renovated your landscape, maybe you just inherited a home that has a less-than-stellar lawn, or maybe you just dealt with a pest infestation or lawn disease that completely damaged your grass. Regardless of the reasoning, sod is your answer!
Sod is often referred to as an "instant lawn" because of how quickly you see green grass after installation. Our crew will roll out sod onto your lawn like a carpet and cover your brown soil with bright green grass! What's not to love about that? All that's left to do is stay on a watering schedule to ensure that your pre-grown grass will develop strong roots and a long-lasting, healthy lawn.
We offer sod installation for residential properties located in Arlington, Falls Church, Annandale, VA, and surrounding areas.
What is sod?
Sod is pre-grown grass that is rolled out like a carpet onto your bare soil. Customers prefer sod over the process of seeding to establish a new lawn because it doesn't require as much maintenance or waiting time to finally see green grass. In fact, as soon as our crew rolls sod onto your lawn, you will be able to enjoy the greenery right away. Our company uses sod made out of tall fescue grass to establish new lawns in the Arlington area.
Our 6-Step Sod Installation Process
- Step 1) Our crew will remove your existing lawn so that we can start with completely bare soil. Any remaining grass will be extracted during this process. We will also remove any rocks or debris that are in the way.
- Step 2) Next, we need to till your soil. Tilling is the process of breaking up your soil to start fresh for the new grass development. It also loosens compacted soil, making it easier for nutrients, water, and sunlight to travel throughout it and reach the roots of your new grass.
- Step 3) Next, we will add topsoil. This will thicken up the layer of soil to give more protection to your new grass and its roots.
- Step 4) Our crew will grade your property to level out the surface before adding any grass. Installing sod to a sloped property can definitely be done, however, it will increase the chances of soil erosion. Also, if it rains before your grass has a chance to develop strong roots, the water could easily wash your grass away.
- Step 5) Finally! It's time for our crew to roll out your sod. We work in rows, making sure to create tight seams between each patch. After the initial installation is finished, we will go back over and fill in any gaps with smaller pieces of sod.
- Step 6) To help the grass start to establish itself in your soil, we will then use a lawn roller to press the sod into your ground.
What should you do after we install your sod?
It's important to stay off of your lawn for a few weeks and regularly water it while your sod establishes itself. The heaviest watering you will do is on the same day of installation; We recommend that you soak your soil about 2 inches deep. After that, your goal should be to keep your sod and soil moist throughout the day so that it never dries out. Frequently and lightly water your lawn each day.
It will take about 10-14 days for your sod to develop roots. After about two weeks, you will be able to mow your lawn for the first time after installation. When you are finally able to mow, make sure that you set your blades to their highest setting so that you don't cut your grass too close to its roots. At this point, you should have a fully developed, lush lawn!
Need to start over with a new lawn? Schedule our sod installation service today.
The staff is amazing from their office to the job site. Respectful, attentive, and most of all affordable. I have been using them since their opening and will not switch!
Sod is one of the best ways to take your grass from bare soil to a lush, green lawn. We offer our sod installation services to the Arlington, Falls Church, and Annandale, VA areas. If your home is nearby, call our office today at (703) 527-6950 to schedule. Get on the road to building your new, "instant" lawn!