So, you know you need some help when it comes to keeping your lawn well-kept, but you're not sure which company to turn to. With so many options in the Arlington, VA area, it can be hard to know which company will give you the results you're looking for.
When looking for a lawn mowing company to hire, there are a few things that you need to pay attention to. These details will give you a good idea of what your experience will be like if you were to hire them. It's important to hire an experienced company that you can trust. The company should also go to infinity and beyond for you — in other words, the company should follow best mowing practices and perform string-trimming, edging, and blowing at each visit. Keep reading to learn more about how to select the right company for you!
Look for a lawn mowing company with 10 or more years of experience.
Lawn maintenance services aren't a one-size-fits-all type of deal! Ideally, you should aim to hire a lawn mowing company with 10 or more years of experience to meet your lawn's unique needs. An experienced company will be better-versed in tending to the grass types in your area. The professionals will have worked at a multitude of different properties, so they'll know how to properly maintain your lawn, too. The company's longevity can also indicate that it's reliable and dependable, so you can trust its professionals to care for your turf!
The company should string-trim, edge, and blow after mowing your lawn.
A good lawn mowing session entails more than simply cutting grass. There are other subtleties that go into properly maintaining a lawn! So, before hiring a company, make sure that it is willing to leave your lawn looking as fresh as possible!
Here are three services your lawn mowing company should include:
- String-trimming: Professionals should use a power trimmer to cut grass in areas the mower can't reach so that your lawn looks even.
- Edging: Professionals should use a power edger to cut the grass near hard surfaces. Random grass blades shouldn't flop onto your sidewalk or driveway.
- Blowing: The company should blow away any cut grass and debris left on the hardscapes outside to ensure a clean, flawless finish.
Your lawn mowing company should follow best practices.
A lawn mowing company should strive to maintain and protect your lawn through its service. To achieve this goal, there are best mowing practices its professionals should abide by. If your company doesn't use these practices, it could discourage plant growth and even harm your turf!
Here are the best practices your lawn mowing company should follow:
- Rotate mowing patterns: With each visit, your lawn mowing company should alternate its mowing pattern. This prevents ruts from forming and helps your grass grow straight.
- Use sharp blades: Professionals should use sharp blades to prevent shredding grass with dull ones.
- Adjust the mowing height: Different turf types require different mowing heights. Your company should adjust accordingly to avoid cutting too much or too little.
Bonus tip: Look for a company that uses a three-point turn strategy when mowing! This can prevent ruts from forming in your lawn.
Call us today to schedule our lawn mowing services!
To properly maintain a lawn, companies need to do more than just mow it! There are subtleties that can impact your turf's appeal and growth. This is why it's vital to hire a company you can trust to correctly care for your grass. Here at Rimble Landscaping, we have maintained lawns in Arlington, Falls Church, Annandale, and other nearby areas in Virginia for the past 11 years! We take our job seriously and want to help you achieve the lawn of your dreams. Call us today at (703) 527-6950 to schedule our lawn mowing services!